Asian Steak Kabobs:
Adapted from Epicurious.com
Sesame Ginger MX Seasoning
2 tablespoons of chopped lemongrass (I used the Gourmet Garden lemongrass in a tube; it's easier to work with and still tastes great!)
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 large shallot, minced
2 fresh jalapenos, minced (adjust to preference of spicy heat)
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
2 tablespoons Asian sesame oil
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
3 tablespoons grape seed oil
1 1/2 pounds steak of choice cut into 1 inch cubes
1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 large onion, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Prep steak in Marinade Express for 20 minutes with the MX Seasoning.
- Mix all ingredients except steak, bell peppers, and onion into a medium bowl.
- Measure 1/4 cup of spice mixture*; toss with steak cubes to coat.
- Assemble vegetables and steak onto skewers, alternating vegetables with the steak.
- Grill or bake in oven (350 degrees) for approximately 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and steak is browned.
- Serve kabobs with the remaining spice mixture on the side.