This recipe is simple, and savory. It can be made for a snack, a side dish or even a meal. It is a good way to introduce kids to zucchini because they will love the creaminess of the melted cheese. This dish is also from my Irish cookbook, which I love because they tell you what the Irish terminology is for food, like "courgettes"-- aka zucchini.
Baked Zucchini With Cheese
Adapted from the cookbook, Irish Food & Cooking
2 tbsp grated hard farmhouse cheese (I used Parmesan)
2 tbsp butter
salt and pepper
1) Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
2) Cut the zucchinis in half, lengthwise.
3) Place them in a greased shallow baking dish cut side up.
4) Sprinkle the cheese over the zucchini. Salt and pepper to taste and place a few pats of butter on top of the cheese.
5) Bake for 20 minutes or until the zucchinis are tender and the cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy right away!