|Healthy and Decadent Black Bean Brownies|
I decided to experiment with processing the black beans in the Marinade Express. Since I try to save money in every way I can, I buy dried beans instead of the canned. It takes a little extra time but you get a lot more bang for your buck. Normally with dried beans you need to pre-soak them for 6 to 8 hours before boiling them for 2 hours. My experiment was to see if by processing the raw, uncooked beans in the Marinade Express it reduced the amount of pre-soak time because of the repetitive motion of rotating the beans in and out of water.
The Results: Putting 2 cups of dried beans into the Marinade Express for 2 hours with an unflavored MX seasoning did reduce the soak time. I got 4 cups of deliciously cleansed black beans that I could cook and make in the same day! I was very proud of the Marinade Express. We are continually discovering more advantages this wonderful kitchen appliance has to offer.
|Uncooked Dried Black Beans|
Black Bean Brownies
Recipe Adapted from Melissa d'Arabian, Ten Dollar Dinners
1 box of dark chocolate brownie mix
3/4 cup cooked black beans
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
1 tsp instant coffee or espresso
1) Prepare the dried black beans in the Marinade Express.
Note: 1 cup of dried beans equals 2 cups of cooked beans. I made 2 cups of dried beans equaling 4 cups of cooked beans. Click here to find another tasty recipe with black beans!
To prepare dried black beans use the unflavored seasoning packet of MX seasoning. I let the beans rotate for 2 hours.
2) Boil the beans. Boil the black beans for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Or until the beans are tender.
Note: You may need to add water to the pot as the water evaporates.
3) In a blender or food processor blend the beans and oil until smooth. Add the eggs and coffee.
4) Melt half of the chocolate chips and process in the blender.
5) In a large bowl add the brownie mix. Fold in the wet ingredients from the blender.
6) Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
7) Pour the mixture into greased baking pan.
8) Bake brownies at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Or until the middle comes out clean with a toothpick.
9) Let cool. Serve and devour!
|Black Bean Brownies|