1 1b lean ground beef
1 medium sized onion
salt to taste
pepper to taste
3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1 6oz can tomato paste
1 can crescent rolls
4 slices of cheese of your choice (we used mozzarella)
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1) Process the ground beef meat in the Marinade Express using an unflavored or Italian MX seasoning mix. Remember, the ground beef only needs to be processed for 3 rotations. Watch carefully and stop the rotation while the beef is resting on the divider, out of the water. Let it stand for 5 minutes to help drain the water out of the beef. Remove the beef carefully.
2) Brown the beef. You will notice that the beef is less greasy because the short time in the Marinade Express has helped to break down the fat.
3) Blend in the onion, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and tomato paste.
4) Pat the crescent rolls into a 9 inch pie pan or casserole dish.
5) Place ground beef mixture on top of the crescent rolls, spreading it out. Top it with the cheese.
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until the crescent rolls are golden brown.
7) Heat up the pasta sauce and serve on the side to dip the cheeseburger pie into.
8) Sprinkle the green peppers on top of the Cheeseburger Pie for a splash of color and a crunch. Serve and enjoy!